Thursday, February 19, 2009

Defending the manliness of the pug

While perusing a canine message board today, I came upon a post asking a simple yet provocative question: "Is owning a pug ... unmanly?" I felt I had to respond.

There is no manlier dog than a male pug. As I type this, my little pug brother Wendell and my human father are sitting on a recliner. Despite two of us three having been neutered, the scent of testosterone is palpable in the air. Mother will surely be overwhelmed when she enters the room.

Women commonly swoon in my presence, sometimes offering me their underpants (OK, perhaps they don't always offer, but I find them all the same -- especially in unwatched luggage). Men I pass on the street envy my carefree, confident ways, and my stocky yet chiseled physique.

Yes, there is no manlier living organism on God's green earth than a male pug.

No comments:

Post a Comment