Saturday, March 4, 2006

Release the hounds

Saturday's trip to the local dog park was among the best ever. It was wall-to-wall canines, including three other pugs and a slender pug mix of some sort. A never-ending stream of canines poured into the park, taking advantage of the beautiful weather that Allah has blessed us with. But this trip was not purely for pleasure; I was there on business. The Basset Hound Liberation Organization invited me to be the guest barker at its rally. You can see several of the BHLO members in the photo above. I delivered a fiery sermon to my canine brothers, urging them to accept nothing less than complete autonomy. Though these docile hounds showed little emotion, it was clear that my remarks sparked something deep within them. Their calm demeanor belied their intense fervor for jihad.

No comments:

Post a Comment