Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Subway treads on dangerous ground

In need of a quick bite to eat, I stopped by the neighborhood Subway and ordered a turkey sandwich. The cashier, distracted by a conversation with the sandwich-makers, asked the woman in front of me what kind of sandwich she had. "Ham," came the reply. Then the query came to me. "Turkey," I said. After some more chatting with her colleagues, she asked again, "What kind of sandwich did you order?"

"Turkey."

She gave me the price, and I pulled a $10 bill from my turban to pay. "He ordered ham," said one of the sandwich-makers, in the voice of a tattling grade-schooler. The cashier shot an accusatory look my way. "What kind of sandwich did you order?" she said. "What did I just tell you?" I barked. "Turkey." And with that I grabbed my change and left.

Keep annoying your customers in this manner, Subway, and I will be forced to declare jihad on that insufferable Jared.

No comments:

Post a Comment